How important are hunters for Illinois’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Illinois, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Illinois will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Illinois jobs.
$1.3 billion spent annually.
- 512,000 people hunt in Illinois each year.
- Of those hunters, 51,000 are from out of state.
- Illinois hunters spend $273 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Illinois spend $235 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $2,400 a year in Illinois.
- Hunter spending translates to $700 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Illinois supports over 18,000 Illinois jobs.
- Hunters pay $158 million in state and local taxes.
$2.2 billion ripple effect.